HERBAL FOREST SELENIUM-200mcg
Selenium is an essential mineral, found in trace amounts in your body, and in many other living things. It is an antioxidant, and assists in combating free radicals in the human body. It also plays a role in heart health, proper thyroid function, fertility, and the body’s immune response. Because the modern world is full of processed foods (which have had their nutrient deposits destroyed), many people are now suffering from low levels of this important mineral.
Where is selenium found naturally?
It is found in the following unprocessed foods:
- Brewer’s yeast
- Fish (specifically mackerel, halibut, flounder, herring, and tuna)
- Shellfish such as scallops and lobster
- Sunflower seeds
- Brazil nuts (which often have the highest natural concentration of this essential mineral)
Most food refinement processes destroy Selenium, so if your diet is heavy in processed foods, frozen foods, or fast food, you are likely not getting enough of this trace mineral in your diet.
However, it is possible to be getting too much Selenium. Speak with your doctor before taking a this supplement to ensure that you are meeting your body’s needs, not exceeding them.
What are the symptoms of a Selenium deficiency?
Because selenium fights oxidation and aging of your body’s cells, symptoms of this deficiency will likely include:
- Weakened immune response – If you are getting sick more often than you used to, you may consider being tested for this deficiency.
- Hair and fingernail issues – Discoloration of the nails or loss of hair are signs of a deficiency. However, these are also symptoms of excessive amounts in the body. Self-diagnosis is never recommended!
- Fatigue – Constant tiredness can be attributed to many things, such as low iron, or a Vitamin B deficiency, but low Selenium levels will also cause this.
- Difficulty concentrating – This deficiency can reduce mental function.
If you are experiencing these symptoms, ask if a Herbal Forest Selenium-200mcg supplement will help to alleviate your woes!
Caution: Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. This product is manufactured and packaged in a facility which may also process milk, soy, wheat, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and crustacean shellfish.
Information within this site is for educational purposes only. Statements about the products efficacy have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned within are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As always, please consult your health care practitioner for any medical advise or treatment.